Cass Unveils Truly Integrated, Wireless Expense Management
ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 6, 2009-- Cass Information Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASS), a leading provider of enterprise expense management, now delivers a truly integrated telecom expense management solution for both fixed and wireless telecom expenses. Cass clients can now view and manage all telecom expenses - for both fixed and wireless devices - from a single console, rather than two disparate systems.
Wireless expense management can be purchased separately from Cass or integrated with Cass services for fixed telecom expense management. The new service was developed to meet the needs of Fortune 1000 companies and others that prefer an integrated solution for both fixed and wireless. Cass enables complete visibility, allowing organizations to obtain a comprehensive view of all telecom carriers, inventory and expenses from one platform.
“With this new offering, we’re helping employers control what is typically their fastest-growing and most difficult to manage telecom expense – wireless services,” commented Jim Dwyer, vice president, Cass Telecom Information Services. “Our service addresses growing concerns within the supply chain – such as utilizing pooled plans and enforcing both service contracts and corporate policies governing wireless usage.”
“A multi-year system development and quality assurance project culminated in the seamless delivery of an integrated solution,” Dwyer noted. “The growth in corporate-liable plans is causing more organizations to further evaluate their processes to gain efficiencies in serving employees as well as apply tighter process controls,” he added.
Enterprise-wide Wireless Management and Consolidated Reporting
Combining the services of a professional telecom staff, proven industry best practices and highly automated processes, Cass delivers a service that actively monitors plan utilization, down to the individual employee level. Cass’ web-based portal normalizes data across carriers and presents a carrier-neutral view. Clients can view both fixed and wireless spend by carrier, department or cost center, or service type (voice, data or SMS), and track trends as well. All reports are customized with the client organization's hierarchy and nomenclature, and can be downloaded directly to spreadsheets.
Features of Cass Wireless Expense Management Include:
- Easy-to-Use Employee Service Portal – Employees log onto a portal that serves as the employer’s online wireless catalog and make selections based on corporate-sanctioned options for wireless plans, devices, and accessories. Requests for approval are routed to managers, and email notification provides employees with order status.
- Change Management – Cass has a refined process to manage moves, adds, changes, disconnects (MACDs) for services and devices, enabling accurate inventory maintenance.
- Carrier Management - Cass manages vendor billing disputes and the recovery of credits.
- Usage Optimization – Cass systems include functionality to optimize plan utilization, making it easy to target devices with zero monthly usage for disconnection and identify opportunities for plan modification of high-volume power users or low-volume casual users.
- GL/Cost Accounting – Cass automates the process to allocate actual cost per device to the appropriate cost center and user.
Cass Information Systems is the leading provider of transportation, utility and telecom invoice payment and information services. The company, which has been involved in the payables services and information support business since 1956, disburses over $27 billion annually on behalf of customers from processing centers in St. Louis; Columbus, Ohio; Boston; Greenville, S.C. and Wellington, KS. The support of Cass Commercial Bank, founded in 1906, makes Cass Information Systems unique in the industry. Cass is part of the Russell 2000(R) Index and was recently ranked #65 on the 2009 Fortune Small Business FSB 100 list of the fastest-growing public companies in America.
More information is available at http://www.cassinfo.com.
Source: Cass Information Systems, Inc.