Superior Benchmarking Data Helps You Compare Costs
As a Cass freight payment customer, you can benchmark your freight costs against your peers. Cass customers who elect to participate in Cass Benchmarking Services can:
- Benchmark your costs by movement type such as LTL, TL and rail
- Estimate costs for traffic lanes under consideration
- Compare your costs to market trends over time
- Set targets for future negotiations
Benchmark Lanes and Cost Components
The Cass benchmarking database consists of actual paid freight data provided by Cass clients – some of the world’s largest companies, many of whom exceed $100 million in annual transportation spend and are Fortune 500 companies. This diversity of shippers and range of volume provides a statistically valid cross-sampling of industries and shipments in America.
Related shipment information includes mode, origin/destination, weight and more. The data is cleansed and normalized by Cass. All shipment mileage uses the same basis.
Benchmarking data for comparison includes such details as:
- Mode of transportation (intermodal, LTL, bulk, truckload, temperature controlled and rail)
- Origin/destination regions
- Shipment weight
- Shipment mileage
After a thorough analysis of market costs, you will be prepared with data and targets for your next carrier sourcing initiative.