Improving Waste Management in Healthcare
Healthcare providers have specialized waste management needs. Cass works with all types of facilities, including assisted living communities and skilled nursing organizations, to contain their waste and recycling costs. Especially as long-term care providers continue to face declining reimbursements, controlling operational costs becomes a higher priority than ever before. Healthcare providers are facing unique challenges regarding their waste expenses:
- steep, unpredictable price growth
- inability to audit invoices and usage per complex billing formats
- a changing regulatory environment (ex: pharmaceutical waste)
Cass provides a solution to these challenges. Waste expense management services from Cass deliver deep cost savings, tight quality control and clear visibility on your waste and recycling services. We deliver these results while liberating your resources to focus on your core business priorities.
We deliver savings by focusing on three main activities:
- Negotiate low service rates and complete fee structures –With a deep, geographically specific understanding of cost-of-service and market rates, we negotiate best-of-market rates and contracts for our clients.
- Optimize waste service levels – Cass maintains accurate data on the waste volume generated at each of your locations. Using this information, we can determine the right mix of equipment and service frequency for each of properties, helping your reduce costs with no degradation in service.
- Recover over-charges – Our unique technology allows us to understand your invoices at the line item level. Using automation, we compare all invoice charges to contract terms and valid service requests to precisely and systematically audit every one of your waste and recycling invoices. When overcharges are found, we request refunds from your vendors or advise the correct amount to pay.
Working with Cass, you will offload day-to-day management of your waste removal needs. Think of us as your full-time waste management department. Using the centralized support that Cass provides, your facility managers will have one number to call for all waste-related needs.
Our complete lifecycle solution for managing waste and recycling includes:
Contact us to learn more >>